Back To School
Summer Recap: Throughout summer we were able to learn about so many new topics and explore new materials, ranging from pirates and underwater fun, to farmlands, fitness, and having the opportunity to dress up for spirit week!
The focus of our Infant classroom were pirates and their giant vessels. We learned how the ocean makes up more than 70% of the earth’s surface! We introduced the story If Pirates were Polite—beginning our first concepts of manners and courtesy. So far, we have crafted and painted little pirates and chickens with our feet, as well as hand-octopi, and other amazing paintings. We look forward to the future art projects to come!
September News: In our Montessori lessons, we are learning to wash our hands as well as how to share toys with other friends. One special project we did within this previous month was exploring water sensory activities. Enrichment for this month included basic concepts of Underwater Adventures; the kids learned so much while doing different types of art projects (which are displayed throughout the infant room.) For the next month we are getting ready for our theme “All about me.” We will be continuously going over washing our hands, gentle touching, holding our own cups, and helping our friends become more independent. We will also start transitioning all our older friends into the Walking classroom.
Curriculum for September:
- All About Me
- This is a great time of year for nature walks and being outdoors. Children of every age love the sights, sounds and smells of being out and about.
- Sensory exploration: Give your tiny one a lot of time with different textures, allowing their brains the opportunity to process different inputs and the opportunity to explore which ones they are drawn to or shy away from. Different textured foods are also good ideas.
- Read to your child, no matter the size. This fosters a love of stories in children that will help them for years to come.
- Start of the new school year means updating your child’s extra-clothes bin in the classroom. Please make sure the clothes are appropriate for fall and there are 2 full sets.
- The mornings will start to be crisp while the afternoons stay warm. Please bring a sweater or sweatshirt for the morning outside time. Remember to label everything!