PRE-PRIMARY Room 6
Back To School
Summer Recap: Summertime flew by quick, the children had eight fun-filled weeks. Some of their favorite topics were camping, outer space, and down on the farm. The children got to pet chickens, a hedgehog, a dog, and a cat. The children also had lots of fun learning about underwater animals, such as whales, fishes, and sharks. We also learned about volcanoes, how an eruption can be scary but also necessary to create new mountains and land/ islands. We ended our summer with a fun spirit week dressing up in our superhero and princess outfits.
September News: September is all about “Welcome Back to School”. We are reviewing our classroom rules, refreshing our Montessori knowledge and how to properly use a work. The children will be learning all about themselves, their families, and their friends. In geology, the children will learn about our country and our state, for zoology the children will be learning about parts of an animal. The book of the month is “The Kissing Hand”, the children all loved the animals featured in the book. For practical life, the children will review and build on their self-help skills like washing their hands, blowing their own nose, dressing, and undressing themselves, and most importantly taking off and putting on their shoes. For botany, the children will be taking care of our garden plants and learning about parts of a plant.
Curriculum for September:
- All About Me
- Welcome to School
- The 7 Continents
Extra Curricular Activities:
- Monday – Karate
- Tuesday – Karate, Mini-Kickers
- Wednesday – Karate, Kids Musical Theater
- Thursday – Karate
- Friday – Amazing Athletes
- Please make sure you are bringing in extra potty training supplies and extra-clothes for your child’s bin in the classroom. Also, please make sure the clothes are appropriate for winter and that you bring in at least 2 full sets.
- The mornings have become very crisp, so we ask you bring your child in a jacket for morning play. Remember to label everything!