Back To School
Summer Recap: Summer was so much fun for everyone, since our numbers were low, we were able to enjoy water days with the children. Since the weather was nearly perfect these past few months, we spent most of our time outside. The children loved playing with bubbles, watching the caterpillars grow and morph into a monarch butterfly. One of our more memorable weeks was Down on the Farm, the children loved having our staff bring in their farm animals and petting them. We had an activity that mimicked milking a cow. They also liked the volcano activities, learning about underwater animals, and outer space.
September News: September is all about back to school and getting used to our Montessori routine. We began the month by reviewing our safety rules, reviewing our self-help skills which include hand washing, and changing out their shoes. In zoology, we will be learning about the different parts of an animals, for botany we will be learning about parts of a plant along with trying to plant some flowers in our hanging baskets. Our book of the month is “The Kissing Hand”, the children love the animals in the book.
Curriculum for September:
- All About Me
- Welcome to School
- The 7 Continents
- Green Finger Painting
- Water Beads Sensory Bin
- Color matching green shades
- Rhyming like Dr. Seuss
- Self-Feeding and Drinking
- Picking up and putting items away
- Please make sure you are bringing extra potty training supplies and extra-clothes for your child’s bin in the classroom. Also, please make sure the clothes are appropriate for winter and that you bring in at least 2 full sets.
- The mornings have become very crisp, so we ask you bring your child in a jacket for morning play. Remember to label everything!